SJ on the Move

Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Art" appreciation

After the British Museum, I headed over to the Tate Modern Art Gallery. It certainly is an interesting place, atlhough I have to admit some of the "art" was completely lost on me. Is there anything really artistic about a toilet bowl, a curtain, or a giant electrical plug? In some of the rooms, you weren't always sure what was supposed to be art and what wasn't. There actually was a handrail mounted on the wall in one exhibit.




Here was another one of my "favorites". I think I saw art like this in college dorm rooms.





However, that was nothing compared to this exhibit which was a looped video tape of two elf-looking guys jumping up and down and yelping. Hmmm....interesting.



On the other hand, there was one really cool exhibit, and that were a bunch of giant tube slides they had set up in the main hall. The slides went from the 3rd, 4th, or 5th floors and went all the way down to the ground floor. While it was certainly one of those 'once in a lifetime' opportunities, the queue for the slide was at least an hour long, and I didn't feel like waiting. Oh well.



After the Tate Modern, I strolled along the Thames until I came across a Wagamamma noodle bar. Enjoying chicken ramen noodles was really a blast back to my college days, although certainly the ramen noodles at Wagamamma were a lot better than the ones we would buy for $0.20 back in college.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home