SJ on the Move

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A day at the pond

It took S, J, and I 1 1/2 hours to get out of the house this morning for our walk to Spy Pond. First J was fussy, then I decided he should eat before we go, then S had to gather her 3 bags of toys to play with at the park. S had to be told at least 3 times to put on socks and shoes. Next came the sunscreen, then getting the stroller out of the back of the car and the bike out of the basement. Oops, then I had to go get my sunglasses, a snack and a bottle of water. Well, then S wanted her sunglasses which we had to look for in her playroom. Just when I thought we were ready to go, S informs me that J's diaper is poopy. So, I come back inside to change his diaper. An hour and a half later we are on our way.

S enjoyed playing in the sand. (Thankfully that meant utilizing at least one of the bags of toys she brought which made getting them there worth it.)



J napped the entire time. (Which ended up being his longest and best nap of the day. Figures we'd be out and about which leaves no opportunity for me to nap!)



Finally, S fed some ducks with some of our left over cracker snacks.



We got home 2 hours after we finally left on this 1/2 mile one way walk. J woke up and was hungry. S said she was hungry, but after eating so many crackers while we were out she didn't eat her lunch, and I was utterly exhausted! whew... life is so different with 2 kids!

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kansas Mom said...

I know exactly how it goes! It takes us just as long and we seem to have to pack just as much when we're just hanging out in the yard!

But this week it's been in the 100s and we have hardly been out at all. I've been meaning to take them out early in the morning, but they dawdle so at getting dressed and eating breakfast that it's already blistering hot by the time we could get out the door.

So we stay inside. Plenty of time to run around next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home