SJ on the Move

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Jet Lag


I don't have many complaints about my home away from home for the week. My room is pretty nice, with a nice work area, and surprisingly - they even have the Patriots game.
The big disadvantage is the fact that there is absolutely nothing around the hotel. Not a single store, place to walk around, or most importantly - get a bite to eat. After I bought a sandwich from the bar last night for $22, I figured I needed to make sure I got away from here as much as possible.
So, I decided I needed to try and adjust to UK time, since I'll be here almost a week and that will make enjoying things in London a little easier. Unfortunately, I find going from East to West rather challenging in terms of jetlag. I was able to wake up early on Saturday and spend a full day outside, but I found that at 11 p.m. that night I was exhausted, but unable to fall asleep.
Unfortunately, there is not very much on British television in the middle of the night. Amazingly, Brits seem really addicted to Big Brother. Even more amazingly, they have live feeds of Big Brother on all night long. So, at 3 a.m. in the morning you can turn on Big Brother and watch people snoring in their bunks. I'm not kidding. So, I ended up watching a couple episodes of Star Trek the Next Generation, which I guess was better than Big Brother - but not by much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home