SJ on the Move

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Our Fourth

My Grandma Wilke would have been proud. I basically forced SJ to wear a red, white, and blue dress on the 4th. SJ protested quite well in her usual screaming way, but I would not give up! She actually wore the cute little dress until the afternoon. Unfortunately, I would have disappointed Grandma Wilke equally in that I failed to snap a picture of SJ in her dress. (A side note about my Grandma Wilke - she was a red, white and blue fanatic on July 4th and she snapped many (millions) of pictures on every occasion. I did give her another honor yesterday and donned a sparkly flag pin that I got from her.)



In the afternoon our good friends the Saffs came over for a cookout. As soon as we took the kids to the playgound it started to rain so we had to come home. It ended up raining enough and cooling off enough that we ended up eating inside. SJ had set up her kiddie pool for her and her friends and REALLY wanted to use it. So after dinner the kids suited up and went outside for a nice cold dip. SJ stood in the pool for about 10 seconds. I think Ethan only felt the water, decided it was too cold and spent the rest of the time bundled up in a towel on his mom's lap. Isaac, however, was not deterred by the cold. He played and played with the cold water and had a blast. Needless to say we were only out swimming for about 15 min. Then it got even colder and started to rain again!



1 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Ben said...

At least you have a pic of SJ in her red, white & blue swimsuit! Sorry about the rain. It is pretty hot here in Charleston!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home