SJ on the Move

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Home for Sale, Part 2

Our house is still on the market. Granted it's only been on for a month, but I had high hopes. We've had 7 showings so far, which is much more then when we briefly had the house on the market last fall. Of those 7, at least 5 comment on how "well maintained" the interior and exterior of the house were, how they "somewhat" or did like the property, but that the busy street was the downfall. We wish we can add a rule that states you must drive by the property before scheduling a showing. Then we wouldn't have to work so hard on getting the house in perfect shape only to have the street noise ruin it all. It's actually a little difficult to get the house in showing quality condition with SJ. As soon as you clean one room she's in there getting out all her toys. It's like taking 2 steps forward and one step back. Then you have to be out of the house for about 45 min-an hour during the actually showing. Many of the showings have been during dinner time or at a time when SJ would frankly just like to be at home playing. But, we press on and continue to work hard to keep our house looking great and pray we can sell it soon.

Oh, the last showing was for a woman who wanted to find a "quieter" place because her upstairs neighbors were very loud. Well, we live on the first floor. That's certainly a piece of info that can be found in the listing sheet or with a phone call by her agent. But, once again we got the house shining for someone who really didn't have any interest at all!

On brighter news... after over 5 weeks waiting we finally heard that our building permit for our 3rd floor/attic project at the Arlington house was finally approved! We are thrilled. The contractor should start the end of this week (as long as it stops raining.) The count down is on!Let's see if it actually takes only the 2 months they proposed.


At 9:32 AM, Blogger Kansas Mom said...

Are you waiting to move until the house sells? It would be easier to be ready for showings if you weren't living there anymore!

My parents just put their house on the market. They feel your pain. My dad says the whole first round of showings were "faked" by the realtors just so they could get a look at it even though they knew the client had absolutely no interest in a big old house out in the country.

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Move in date is still to be determined. If it really only takes 2 months to get the attic done and we don't sell this house in the meantime we will probably just wait to move in when all is finished. Having said that, however, things can change, projects delayed, etc. So, we wil just wait and see!


Post a Comment

<< Home