SJ on the Move

Monday, June 30, 2008

Balusters and baseboards



Our house is now under agreement. During the inspection, one of the issues brought up was the lack of balusters on our back staircase. For those of you who don't know, here's a handy reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balustrade

I have used the word "baluster" about 100 times more in the past week than I have previously in my entire adult life. In fact, I'm not entirely sure I have ever used the word "baluster" before this week.

So, in the end, we decided to install balusters on our back stairway. It was a fairly quick project, thanks to the 2X2 balusters they sell at Home Depot. The most difficult parts were figuring out the proper angle for the cuts, and then trying to space them all evenly, but not too far apart so Beaver could get his head caught in between them. In the end, I somehow ended up with two extra balusters - despite measuring it all out twice. Oh well, better to have two extra than two few.



The other big project for the week was getting all the baseboards and final trim installed in SJ's new playroom. We're having carpet installed this week, so everything needed to be finished in there. In just a few days, one room of our new house will be completely finished! A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Kansas Mom said...

I love the color in SJ's playroom! I'm also very excited you now have plumbing.

Your old house is under contract? That's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home