SJ on the Move

Friday, September 22, 2006

Caveat Emptor!


This past week I needed to make a very quick trip back to the U.S. I flew out on Monday, had a meeting on Tuesday morning, and then caught a flight back to Germany on Tuesday afternoon. Total time in the U. S. of A - 29 hours.

The interesting thing about this trip is that I orginally booked my flight through Expedia.com Then, one of my co-workers suggested looking at the prices on Expedia.de - which is the German language site of Expedia because the prices are sometimes cheaper.

I didn't believe him, but I checked it out anyway. Lo and behold, a BUSINESS class ticket on the same exact flight, was hundreds of dollars cheaper on Expedia.de than the COACH class ticket I had booked on Expedia.com. Thankfully, my tickets were refundable so I quickly cancelled my ticket from Expedia.com and booked a flight through Expedia.de.

I don't normally get the opportunity to fly business class, but on transatlantic flights it sure makes the trip a lot more pleasant. Especially if you are going to spend about 20 hours on the plane and only 29 hours on the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home