SJ on the Move

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Chore Chart

After some inspiration from watching Nanny 911 (Yeah, I know, but I was desperate for something to watch one afternoon!) I decided to implement a chore chart for Sydney. There are a few tasks that we are tired of asking her to do over and over and I thought if she could mark them off and be working toward earning something she might have better motivation. I am happy to say it is working so far. Even before the start date she was asking when she can do her chores. She is excited to mark off the boxes herself when she finishes a task! And, best of all, she says "don't help me, I'll do it myself!" when she is in the midst of performing a chore! I am so thankful. She can earn a maximum of 5 points per day for chores. She also can get extra bonus points for showing extra kindness, respect, or obedience. So far she has earned 15 points in 3 days. When she reaches 100 points she gets her prize, which this time is a fish!

S thought it only fair that baby J have his own chore chart so she made one up for him. His chores include: eat, rest, play, and fall asleep. I thought she did a pretty good job at making it and she was sure to include only those activities a baby really can do! She says his prize will be a new outfit.

3 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Kansas Mom said...

I love baby J's chore chart!!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger littlebeemama said...

What a great idea. I'll have to borrow this idea when L is big enough. Are you really getting a live fish?

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Yeah, a live fish, but probably just a goldfish. They only cost 13 cents on sale :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home