SJ on the Move

Monday, September 21, 2009

French Cuisine

So, my time in France allowed me the opportunity to sample a bit of French cuisine. While I am sure I'll probably infuriate some of my more cultured friends, I must say that I find French cuisine to be generally overrated. I mean, it's fine, certainly better than some. But, I've never really quite understood what the big deal was about.
Certainly, French cuisine is very avant garde. But, is that really such an achievement? Everywhere you turn around its foie gras and smelly cheeses that you'd probably throw away if you found them in the bottom of your refrigerator. Since I was in Paris, I did partake of these foods abiding by the "when in Rome" motto. I wasn't presented with the opportunity to sample some other French delicacies such as frogs legs or escargot. Other examples of foods one - at least this one - wouldn't ordinarily think of as food.


I do have to hand it to the French when it comes to croissants, however. They do seem to do those very well.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger Kansas Mom said...

We mostly ate Indian cuisine when we were in Paris. That was quite good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home