SJ on the Move

Friday, May 28, 2010

The End of Three Eras

The First Era: My job as a Physical Therapist. After 10 years of working, 9 of which have been at the Boston VA Hospital, I have decided to close out this chapter of my life in order to be home full time with the kiddos. It is, of course, a bittersweet decision. I have worked with these great folks for a long time and I will miss working side by side with them dearly. Each of these people has helped me so much over the years - they are not only professional and helpful to bounce ideas off of, but they are very friendly and supportive. It is these 3 people that I will miss the most about not working. The second thing I will miss the most is the Veterans whom I served. It was a challenging population with which to work, but they taught me a lot about sacrifice, community, and the need to be strong in the face of adversity. I am so thankful to have been able to serve my country by serving these brave men and women. It was a privilege to work with Veterans and I'm glad to have met every one of them.



But, saying good bye to my coworkers and patients means being able to say hello every morning to S and J when they wake up. It means being able to give them lots of TLC when they are sick. It means being able to take them to fun places. It means being able to soak in their love each and every day. For these things I am also grateful. It is a privilege beyond measure to raise these two precious kids and I am very blessed to be their Mom. I pray each and every day that God will guide me to be the best Mom I can be.



The Second Era: Sydney's life as a pre-schooler. After several years of day cares and preschools Sydney is finally done. She ended today at Arlington Creative Start where she has been for the last 2 years. She is thrilled with this and is so excited that her next phase will be Kindergarten in September. She brought home pictures and photos to remind her of her last year and she has so many special memories. Her teachers (in the photo below) all had wonderful things to say about Sydney - especially that she was a good leader and organizer, loved to read to her friends, and would play with everyone. Yes, that about sums up Sydney. "She's going to do great in Kindergarten," they said! Yesterday she got to visit her Kindergarten at the Hardy School in Arlington. She was excited to see the big kids in their classroom and can't wait to be one of them.


Congratulations, Sydney, on your "graduation" into big-kid world!


The Third Era: Jayden's time with his nanny. Today was Jayden's last day with his awesome nanny, Angela. She has provided him such loving care over the past several months. Nathan and I felt such good peace of mind while we were at work knowing he was well taken care of. We appreciate all Angela did to care for Jayden - wipe his runny nose, change his diaper, keep him on a good nap schedule, take him for walks, and just have fun with him! Thank you, Angela!


Here's to the beginning of a new Era. One that I'm sure will be filled with its own ups and downs, but will most of all be filled with love. And how exciting is that?!?!





4 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Dad said...

Great entry! We are proud to have such a kind and thoughtful daughter. Love, Mom and dad.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Thanks, I learned it from you guys! See you Monday!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Lots of exciting times!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Congratulations, Jill! I know you are sad to leave the V.A. but you can be proud of the great work you did there and all of the people you helped. I am sure you will enjoy your new full-time role immensely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home