SJ on the Move

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Landscape Changing Political Moment

No, I'm not referring to Rick Santorum's decision to suspend his race for the GOP nomination for president. Those of you who weren't following last night's election returns live on ACMI might not have realized that I was fortunate enough to be elected as a representative from my precinct to Town Meeting.

First off, I'd like to thank my wife - who collected the majority of signatures to help me get on the ballot, and probably had more to do with any intentional (more on that later) votes in my favor than anyone else.

Second, I'd like to thank the Town Clerk in my town, for placing me squarely in the middle of the ballot. I'm sure it's no coincidence that the woman who wasn't elected in my precinct had the unfortunate luck of the draw to be placed second from the bottom of the page.

Third, I'd like to thank all those who contributed to my Super PAC Fight the Future. Thanks to your generous contributions, we were able to make significant ad buys in the relevant markets to saturate the airwaves with advertising.

I'm proud to have waged a clean campaign - and I'm sure it was clean, because it was entirely non-existent. I have no particular ideology heading into Town Meeting, and unfortunately the list of agenda items this year looks pretty mundane - no exciting and polarizing issues like "pay as you throw garbage" or "expanded off leash dog hours" on the agenda as in previous years. But, we'll see what this experience of local politics is like and decide whether to run again next year.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Kansas Mom said...

Congratulations, Nathan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home